Timeless Tuesday #215 ~ Around the House!

Hello fellow Flourishes fans and stamp lovers!  Happy Tuesday!  Are you ready for another fabulous Timeless Tuesday Challenge over at Flourishes?!?  I sure am.

This week, our super talented hostess Broni is challenging us to create a card or project using or including something from around the house (FTTC215).  You can as creative with this topic as possible!  There are so many cool possibilities... safety pins, band aids, stick pins, tape... the sky is the limit!!

For my card this week I started with some paint.  Paint in white, teal and grass green.  I put a few small blobs on my craft mat.

Then I took a piece of Saran Wrap (a household item!!) and crumpled it into a ball.  Then I pressed the Saran Wrap into the blobs of paint.  I lifted my ball and turned several times before applying it to my paper.

I took a piece of Flourishes Classic White Cardstock and dabbed my paint dipped Saran ball all over it.  I made sure to press the paint into the paper in several different directions so I wouldn't get any true pattern to my paint.

I let my paint dry and then I took some Versamark ink and stamped on my hummingbird and plants from the "Humming Along" stamp set.  I sprinkled on my fine silver embossing powder and heat set my image. I then added a little bit of the same paint colours I began with to my image to make them pop!

Next I took a piece of scrap cardstock and wrapped some aluminum foil around it.  I secured it to the back side using some tape.
 

Then I ran the foil wrapped cardstock through sandwiched in a fun hexagon shaped embossing folder.  Isn't that cool?  The cardstock allows for the foil to remain rigid and keep the embossed design.  It's super fragile so be careful when using it!

And here is my remaining card, using the Saran Wrap back ground, my fun stamped image and my foil embossed cardstock!

Just Humming Along
To finish off the front of my card I used some fun Sheer Line Edge Teal and White Ribbon.  I added a fun "Crystal" coloured KaiserCraft Sparklet to the center of my simple bow!

DON'T FORGET ABOUT... our call for another "Friend of Flourishes" design team member!  The deadline is fast approaching so don't delay!  Get your application in today!  For call details, CLICK HERE!

Now... check out what my fellow design team members have created for Broni's fabulous challenge this week...

Allison Cope
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Haffner
Deborah Anton
Denise Marzec 
Debbie Marcinkiewicz, our April guest designer

We can't wait to see what you create with our challenge this week!  Have fun!!

~ Ally ~

Supplies:
stamps: Flourishes (Humming Along)
cardstock: Flourishes, Bazzill

ink: Versamark
embossing folder:  Spellbinders 
paint:Making Memories, Delta
ribbon:Flourishes
tools: Cuttlebug
gems: Kaisercraft
other: thread.

11 comments:

Karen W said...

So pretty, I love the colors on this!!

Shea said...

OMG, I LOVE this challenge - there's so much inspiration to be found on this one! LOVE the use of the Saran Wrap and aluminum foil, and the card is gorgeous! Thanks so much!

Broni said...

Wow, Ally! I love that you used both Saran Wrap and foil in such creative and awesome ways! Your card is absolutely incredible!

Cindy Haffner said...

Simply STUNNING Allison!!~

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous! Fun effect with the saran wrap, Allison.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, I HAVE to try that with aluminum foil....so cool looking!! Love your background work, too, with the paints.

Unknown said...

How clever!! I never thought about using aluminum foil! Thank you for sharing wonderful trick to create this beautiful card!

Deborah Anton said...

Such a cool technique! The card turned our beautiful!

Sabrina said...

Absolutely amazing and gorgeous!

Kim said...

Your card is awesome!!! I love the colors you used with the saran wrap, and then the cool look you got embossing on tinfoil!! You really were creative!!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness! Totally love this gorgeous, creative card! Will use the foil trick for sure! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
09 10