Timeless Tuesday ~ Non-Traditional Holiday!

Howdy everyone!  I'm your hostess this week.  Are you counting the days until the holidays yet?  I know I sure am.  Now, let's get started with our 199th Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

This week's challenge is to create a holiday card or project where you use non-traditional festive colors (FTTC199).  So  NO green or red on your creations this week!  It's indeed, as simple as that!  Why not try creating a holiday card using orange and bluePink and purple?  Or even simple black and white.  Let's see you get creative this week everyone!

Here is my simple holiday card this week...

Merry & Bright



I began by creating my card base using Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock.  Then I loaded some more ivory cardstock into my electronic die cutting machine and I cut out the large poinsettia shape using my Poinsettia & Pine SVG Cut File (also available in the Silhouette Cut File version HERE.).

I inked up my large poinsettia from the "Poinsettia & Pine" stamp collection using Memento "Summer Sky" ink and stamped it onto my cut shape.  I then stamped another poinsettia using the same ink and fussy cut just the poinsettia image out.

I took a fabulous piece of light blue cardstock from the Flourishes "Color Made Easy"~ "True Blue" cardstock collection, rounded two of my corners and embossed my design.  I stitched it onto another slightly larger piece of Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock and added it to my card base.  I stamped my greeting using the "Merry & Bright" sentiment from the "Poinsettia & Pine" stamp collection.  And volia... a simple holiday card was born!

Don't forget... to participate in this week's release week challenge, the "Let's Hop Challenge".  It's a super fun progressive challenge and YOU could win some of the AMAZING new December release stamp sets!!!

Come and check out what our fabulous designers have done with this week's challenge for you...

Amanda Havon
Broni Holcombe
Cindy Haffner
Denise Marzec
Maki Jones 

Katie Sims
– December’s Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by today!  I'd love it if you joined us this week for my challenge!


Supplies: 
stamps: Flourishes (Poinsettia & Pine)
cardstock: Flourishes Classic Ivory Cardstock, Flourishes Color Made Easy
cut files:  Flourishes SVG Files
embossing folder: Cuttlebug
corner rounder: EK Success
tools: Klic N'Kut
inks: Memento
Photobucketaccessories: glitter by Martha Stewart, thread.

9 comments:

Karen W said...

I love this, so soft and pretty. I'm not a big fan of red and green so this is perfect for me. Will play later.

Colleen said...

Ally,
Love this in the light icy blue.

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty Ally, the textured panel is super fun and I like the softness of the poinsettia.

Cindy Haffner said...

PRETTY Ally I love the blue!!~

Unknown said...

I love this Allison!! Very soft, delicate and beautiful!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, what an eye-catching card, Ally! LOVE that big, dimensional poinsettia, the rounded corners, and the soft colors!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely card and it proves to all...doesn't need to be red & green. Awesome! Pat

Amanda said...

I love the colors on your lovely card, Ally!! And that embossed background is gorgeous! :)

~ Amanda :)

Broni said...

Such a soft and beautiful non-traditional Christmas card! LOVE the contrasting stitching and that you used the pale, pale blue. LOVE THIS!

 
09 10