Birthday Berries!



Awhile ago I found this cool challenge blog called Catered Crop but I just never made any time to participate until today.

Here's how you play...
Use any of the ingredients (themes, colors, techniques, shapes, etc.) in the recipe given to make your project. You don't have to use all the ingredients or the same brands. Just pick a few ingredients and then add your own spices to cook up something uniquely yours.

Here are this week's challenge ingredients. The green highlighted ingredients were the ones I incorporated into my card.

Ingredients:
  • Colors – red, white, green, and brown
  • Stamps and Stickers – cake, flowers, mice, strawberries
  • Patterns – circles, checked/gingham
  • Color Mediums – markers (ProMarker, Copics)
  • Embellishments – banners
  • Tools – border bunches
  • Techniques – faux stitching, doodling/drawing
  • Theme – birthday
Happy Birthday

supplies: stamps, Flourishes; patterned papers, Cosmo Cricket, Fancy Pants Designs; inks, Memento, Copic; pen, Sharpie, Signo; tools, Tim Holtz ruler; corner rounder, EK Success; edge punch, Fiskars; cardstock, Gina K. Designs, Bazzill; die cut shape, Spellbinders.

Here's a close up of my strawberry details. I coloured them in using Copics and then added the white seed highlights using a white Signo pen.


Come on over and check out Catered Crop! Super fun!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Allison - Way to kick off the challenge! I'm so glad you took time to play. This is perfect - and so adorable. I love your strawberries. Making my hungry! Thanks for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful way to combine these challenges! Your papers and everything are perfect. I love this sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at Flourishes, Allison!

Cindy Haffner said...

Allison so PRETTY!!~

The Wired Angel said...

This is adorable, Allison. So glad you got to join us at Catered Crop!

Barbara said...

This is beautiful! I love all your little design details! Thanks for joining us for Flourishes' Farm Fresh Challenge.

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous card Ally, your strawberries are so beautifully coloured I can almost taste them!

 
09 10