WeScrap "Whimsy" Reveal - Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of my WeScrap.com "Whimsy" kit reveal!

Even though this kit is packed full of a soft feminine theme, I still managed to pull off a few masculine layouts! Yup! LOL!

Best Buds

This is a layout featuring a photo of my son and my Dad.

I managed to use a variety of myStamp BOX sets throughout this layout too: Backgrounds for the subtle polka dot back ground, Hive of Live to create the back ground on my tag.

I loved using the zipper image too from the myStamp BOX new stamp release, Repeat After Me. I paired it with the sweet little banner images from the Mini Pennants set. I managed to decorate the plain pennants with the Tree For All Seasons and the Itty Bittys stamp sets too!

For me, I'm a nature lover. So when I think nature, I think trees, plants and leaves! So when I captured this photo of my parents on their ATV going for a ride on their country property, I knew I had to incorporate leaves into this layout!

Let's Go For a Ride

I used the "=" sign from my new Fleurishing Punctuation set to mimic the tire tracks of their ATV on the page. The stamping canceling stamp is from the Road Trip stamp set.

To create my leaves, I designed 2 sizes of a basic leaf shape in my Klic N'Kut machine and cut them out of the beautiful green patterned paper of the kit and then I put a little bit of adhesive on the back of each one and then ran my sewing machine down them to make them appear as if they were attached to a bush...

They turned out so cute!

Beauty at its Best


And finally for my last layout, I cut out an intricate design of what I call "linked leafy circles" on my Klic N'Kut. Since my layout was of a nature them again, I thought I'd stick with the leafy theme.

I ran a simple line of stitching down the middle of the design and distressed the edges with my fingernails!

And I added one final touch... a butterfly! It's from one of my favourite stamp sets, Colorful Companion.

So if you'd like to play with this beautiful kit too, come on over to the WeScrap Kit Shop and purchase it today! It'll be the best $19.99 you every spent! Thanks for joining me today!

Photobucket

3 comments:

kate blue said...

beauty! Love all the cuts from your machine and your stitching is awesome!

Sue Sykes said...

These are GORGEOUS, Ally!! Love how you incorporated the stamps in your layout!

Jess said...

wow i loooove these pgs...so soft and sweet...i love how you used the sepia pics...just so beautiful! tfs!

 
09 10