Scrapbooker's Paradise Challenge #13

This week over at Scrapbooker's Paradise, we've got a GREAT challenge for you! This week, the lovely Dana is challenging everyone to SCORE their project this week!


Here is what I came up with this week...

Paperwhites


And just so you know how I incorporated scoring into my challenge, I thought I'd show you how I created my card this week...

First I started with a piece of smooth white cardstock cut to a 4.75 inch square.

Then using my Martha Stewart Scoring Board, made a border all around the edge of my square and then I made a grid pattern with my scoring lines 1 inch apart.

Next I stamped this gorgeous Flourishes "Paperwhites" image right over top of my de-bossed score lines. I always use my trusty Memento Rich Cocoa ink for a nice crisp image. See how the image doesn't touch the bottoms of the score lines...

Next I stamped the image again on some plain white printer paper, cut it out and sprayed it with some removable adhesive to create a mask.

I laid the mask right over top of the stamped image and then used some blue Post-It Notes to mask off the scored edge I created around my square. Then I stamped a script stamp right over top the mask and right to the edge of the scored square.

This is the result I got when I peeled off my mask...

I wanted to add some colour around my stamped image to make it pop, so I stuck my mask back over my image and used my Ranger Blending Tool and my Ranger Distress inks, Tumbled Glass, Walnut Stain and Bundled Sage.

For my final touch, I sanded the entire image to show off my score lines a little more and then added some fun die cut flourishes from the new Spellbinder's Fleur de Lis Doily Accents set.

Our prize this week...
Fancy Pants Designs "To the Moon" brads, rub-ons and chipboard ~ Approx retail $20.00!

Take a moment or two and check out what my fellow Challenge Team members have created this week:
Julie

HOW TO PLAY: Link your project up by noon on May 6th and you just might be our next Paradise Player winner! Please link directly to your entry photo HERE or your specific blog post featuring your project, not a general link please. We reserve the right to remove invalid links. If you're uploading to a public forum, then use the Keyword PPC13 so we can find you! We can't wait to see what you do with this week's challenge photo! Happy creating!


Photobucket

No comments:

 
09 10