To the Man I Love... Happy Birthday!

Today is my darling husband's birthday. My son and I have spent all day getting ready for him. We made him some birthday cupcakes... decorated by my son with 2 kinds of sprinkles and Skor chippets! YUM! Can't wait to get my hands on those puppies! There's a yummy beef stew in the crockpot just waiting to be devoured! Spencer even made him a card too.

I was looking for some last minute inspiration this afternoon and I remembered that I had seen this awesome card sketch by Card Patterns. So I used the sketch below as my inspiration for my hubby's card...

My husband loves to sail! Living in mountains we don't get to do it very often but it's a part of him so I was inspired to use some of these beautiful stamps by Flourishes...

To the Man I Love...
supplies: stamps, Flourishes; die cut shapes, Spellbinder's; ink, Memento, Ranger; cardstock, Bazzill, Gina K. Designs; game spinner& brad, Tim Holtz; edge punch, EK Success.

I hope you all have a great Friday! My hubby will be home soon to celebrate and enjoy the rest of the evening. I hope you do too!

Photobucket

5 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

Very cool card! Love your braiding detail with the hemp!

Unknown said...

THANK YOU for sharing this!!!! My husband's birthday is next Saturday and I'm pretty much always stumped on card design.

SusieJ said...

Great sketch Ally but even better is what you've done with it - awesome (and elegant) masculine card.
Hugs,
Sue xx

~amy~ said...

Sounds like you had everything perfectly planned!!! Your birthday card is gorgeous...love the spinner & brad details...Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Vanessa said...

Super masculine card, Allison!! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Card Patterns!!!

 
09 10